Before your Wax
- You should have about 3-4 weeks growth (hair should be about the length of a grain of rice).
- If your hair is longer you may find waxing more comfortable if you trim your hair first.
- Some clients like to take a mild pain killer such as paracetamol or ibuprofen half an hour before your appointment.
Following your wax the following is advisable for 24 hours:
- Avoid deodorants, perfumes and perfumed soaps or moisturisers, wash with warm not hot water.
- Avoid spray tans and self tanning lotions. This may cause spotting due to hair follicles being open.
- Avoid sunbeds and being in the sun as your skin maybe more sensitive than usual.
- Do not go swimming or use saunas, steam rooms or jacuzzis.
- Avoid exfoliation for 48 hours due to sensitivity of your skin. However exfoliating after this time can be beneficial in preventing ingrown hairs.
- If possible avoid particularly tight clothing and any exercise that may cause excessive sweating.
- Do not apply make up to the waxed area for up to 12 hours.